Climb Tasmania publishes a number of excellent guidebooks to areas in Northern Tasmania written by Bob McMahon and Gerry Narkowicz.
They are available at most outdoor shops in Tasmania and at
Climb Tasmania Selected Best
This excellent new guide covers all of the main climbing areas in Tasmania. It is designed for visiting climbers, and covers the best climbs in each area. It has good maps and photo topos that make finding the climbs much easier.
- Adamsfield Gallery, Bare Rock, Ben Lomond Gallery, Mt Blackwood, Cape Raoul
- Federation Peak, Frenchmans Cap, Freycinet - Coles Bay
- Hillwood, Cradle Mountain - Lake St Clair, Mt Roland, North and South Esk, Mt Wellington
- Sisters Beach and Rocky Cape, South Sister, Stacks Bluff,
- Tasman Peninsula, Tyndall Range.
Covers crags along the North Esk river, including:
Covers crags along the South Esk river, including:
- Duck Reach
- Willow Jungle
- and heaps more
Ben Lomond is next on the Climb Tasmania agenda. Hopefully out in 2007 sometime?