Received this today from the HCC:
Great Short Walk Project works – notification of forthcoming track and road closures
City of Hobart is writing to inform you of track maintenance works on kunanyi / Mt Wellington that require closure of the Organ Pipes track, and intermittent disruptions to connecting tracks and traffic on Pinnacle Road.
The Climbers track from Pinnacle road will remain open except during helicopter operations (see below)
The works are part of the Rejuvenating the Great Short Walk project. The overall objective is to provide a 2-3 hour walk suitable for people with some bushwalking experience and of average fitness.
What does the track work mean for you?
- The Organ Pipes Track between The Chalet and Sawmill track will be closed from 20 March until May 2017
- The Pinnacle Track will be closed from Spring 2017
- There will be fewer car parking spaces at Big Bend and The Chalet during the work
- Pinnacle Road, above The Springs, will be closed from 10 pm until 10 am once or twice a week between March and May 2017, on safety grounds to allow for the helicopter transport of materials prior to 9.30am in the mornings.
- Proposed helicopter flight dates are listed on the project website, with actual flight dates weather dependant
- Walking tracks under the flight path will be closed during helicopter flight times, as shown in the map on theproject website.
The City has been particularly mindful of the disruption these works will cause park users including tour operators and has scheduled the works to reduce the inconvenience as much as practicable.
Proposed helicopter flight times have been scheduled around cruise ship days. Flights will also be concluded by 10am to open access to Pinnacle Road for the rest of the day.
Should you have further queries about the project, please feel free to contact email@example.com or phone 6238 2886.
Executive Officer Parks and City Amenity | City Government Unit